Wednesday, May 27, 2009

W.E.X entry #3


Advice, 05/20/09




"Be honest with yourself", said my mom as she paused the t.v.
"Out of all the advice you have given me before, why is this piece the most important?", I inquired.
"Because being honest with yourself truly gets you places. You cannot live your life without being honest with yourself. You have to stop and think, am I doing what makes me happy or what I think is expected of me?
"You have to be there for yourself, because in the end or at some point in life, you aren't going to matter to anyone else". I could see the truth in her eyes as the smell of my grandmother's cooking flew through the air. It smelled somewhat sweet; like sugar added to something bitter, maybe a lemon.
"Thank you", I told her.
"Your welcome, now go improvise with what i have given you and let me get back to watching CSI, you stopped me right at the good part.", she said impatiently but kindly.
"Alright, but it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. The whole giving me advice thing.", i replied.
"You're right, and I am glad I have advice to share with you, but you should have asked me after the show."
"Well, i'm glad you're being honest", I replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment